In 1967, the American Health Care Association established National Nursing Home Week, which is now called National Skilled Nursing Care Week (NSNCW) to recognize the pivotal role of skilled nursing care centers play in caring for the elderly and disabled. Year after year, NSNCW encourages lasting organic relationships between residents, caretakers and the community through their imaginative themes.
This year’s theme, Live Soulfully, celebrates skilled nursing centers, and their residents and staff, by showcasing how they achieve happy minds and healthy souls. All week long, care centers are encouraged to host events that display how they Live Soulfully, sharing their stories to social media platforms of how they have consistently attained joy.
In recognition of all you and your team members do, we join you in recognizing National Skilled Nursing Care Week, May 12 – 18. Below are some ideas to celebrate:
- Feature a food tasting event at your facility for residents and staff
- Consider a cooking night for residents to enjoy a local “celebrity” chef’s cuisine
- Host a book fair for residents and staff to peruse great reads and swap literature
- Fresh air is good for the body and mind. Consider gardening activities for your residents – planting vegetables, herbs and flowers. This is a great opportunity for relatives to visit and help
- Showcase on social media how your residents live soulfully (with written permission)
We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you and wish you a wonderful year of success ahead. If you have any questions about our insurance or risk management programs, please contact one of our senior living experts.
Source: American Health Care Association