Our Duluth office, formerly Johnson Insurance Consultants, was founded in 1977 to guide employers and their employees through the complicated world of employee benefits and retirement plans. Our team also assists executives, business owners and their families with business continuation, executive benefits, and estate planning.
Areas of Expertise
Employee Benefits: Our team works with you to design an employee benefits package tailored to your organization’s needs and budget. Beginning with an assessment of your current program, we can make recommendations, prepare plan designs, conduct employee meetings, and assist with ongoing administration and communication.
- Fully-insured and self-insured group health and dental plans
- Ancillary benefits, including group life and AD&D and short- and long-term disability
- Voluntary and worksite benefits, including accident, critical illness, disability, and vision insurance
- Retirement planning, including pension plans, profit sharing plans, SIMPLE plans, defined contribution (401k) plans, and qualified deferred compensation (457) plans
- Comprehensive wellness plans to help lower health care costs and reduce absenteeism
- Benefits benchmarking, including plan design and costs
- Deferred compensation plans
- Selective executive retirement plans
- Split-dollar life insurance
- Salary continuation plans
- Policy audits
Business Continuation Planning: Our team advises owners of businesses and closely held corporations in designing succession plans that allow uninterrupted continuation of the organization in the event of death, disability, or retirement of the owner and/or key employees.
- Long-term disability salary and continuation
- Buy/Sell agreements
- Corporate stock redemption plans
- Creditor coverage
Individual and Estate Planning: As a full-service agency, our team is committed to helping people pursue their financial goals.
- Income needs analysis
- Personal life insurance audits
- Individual insurance products, including health, disability, and life
- Financial products, including SEPs, annuities, mutual funds, life insurance, and 529 plans
- Medicare supplemental plans, including Part D Prescription and Advantage plans
- Charitable gift planning
- Investment and tax strategies
Jeff J. Coenen
, CLU, ChFC, LUTCF
Jeff is a life-long Wisconsin resident. Originally from Green Bay, Jeff graduated from the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire and now resides in Superior, WI. He has more than 25 years insurance industry experience, and has earned several industry designations. Jeff specializes in employee benefit plans, with an emphasis on plan design and implementation. He is a graduate of Leadership Superior/Douglas County, a member of NAIFA - Lake Superior and has been actively involved with the Duluth Area Chamber of Commerce, Northwood Children’s Services, Superior/Douglas County YMCA and WDSE-TV.