Our Fort Madison office, Group Benefit Partners, has established itself as one of the premier employee benefit firms in the Midwest. Founded by a group of industry professionals who had successful careers with some of the nation’s most well-known fortune 100 global insurers, our team is strongly positioned to give our clients access to industry leading services and advice.
Employee Benefits Consulting
As a full-service firm, we provide the end-to-end Benefit and HR solutions designed to help clients offer better “employee-centric” health benefits, while reducing liability, workload, and overall costs.
- Benefit Strategy & Design: Benefits are designed to fit you and your company’s unique culture, health risk, financial goals, and more.
- Worksite Benefits: Worksite (voluntary) benefits, such as accident and critical illness plans, enhance coverage and employees’ financial well-being beyond employer-paid benefits.
- Workplace Wellness: Increase productivity, reduce premiums, and attract top talent with a wellness program included in group health. Additional initiatives are available to take your workplace wellness program to a higher level.
- Compliance: ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, and more – we use a resource-driven strategy to deliver the most cost-effective compliance services tailored around the requirements of your benefit package and company’s needs.
- Benefit Technology: Our user-friendly, digital benefits enrollment, administration, and HR software puts you and your employees in charge of your benefits.
- Key Person Benefits: Protect your key people and your business with benefits designed to offset financial risk due to the loss/death of an employee whose contributions are vital to your company.
Individuals, Families, and Medicare Recipients
We help individuals and families secure insurance by simplifying the process of finding and buying the right plan based on need and budget. Buy health insurance online, qualify for savings through the Marketplace, and request quotes for Life, Disability, Long Term Care, and Supplemental Plans such as Critical Care, Accident Plans, and more. We also assist retiree employees and individuals transitioning to Medicare Insurance and next phase of health care.
We are vested in our client’s success and continued satisfaction, and we strive to be responsive and accessible to our clients. We work hard to keep our clients informed of new industry trends in a challenging regulatory environment and are continually looking for new platforms to increase benefit communications and education. Lastly, our promise is to always tailor our services around the specific needs of our clients, not the other way around.
Group Benefit Partners became part of AssuredPartners in January of 2022.
Justin Pieper is a native of Fort Madison, IA, and a graduate of Luther College in Decorah, IA, where he was an Accounting and Business Management major and a multiple year letter winner for the Norse basketball and track and field teams.
Upon his graduation from Luther in the spring of 2004, Justin accepted a position in Denver, CO as a Regional Sales Representative within MetLife’s Small Market Institutional Sales Organization. Justin’s initial sales territory was Southern Colorado, an area where MetLife needed increased market awareness. In a short 18 months, with a focus on providing the highest level of service possible, Justin was able to turn Southern Colorado into a thriving market for the Denver office and was asked to model his philosophies to develop some under-penetrated areas in the Denver metropolitan area.
After successfully broadening the MetLife market in Denver, Justin was asked to take on the sales responsibilities for MetLife’s Large Market Institutional Sales Organization in Denver, where he represented MetLife to the broker and consultant community in all of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming for their clients with between 500 and 25,000 employees. This large market experience was outstanding exposure to high level benefit conversations with many large employers in the Rocky Mountain Region.
In the summer of 2009, in collaboration with business partner Jerry Koering, Justin, along with his wife Melissa, decided to move back home to Fort Madison to start Group Benefit Partners, an employee benefits agency focused on helping employers maximize the return on the investment created by offering a comprehensive benefits package to their employees. Since his return home, Justin has also become active in the community, serving as Chairman of the Fort Madison Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, as well as on the Relay for Life Planning Committee, and the Holy Trinity Catholic Schools God’s Portion Day Committee.