Our Cedar Rapids office, Group Benefit Partners, has established itself as one of the premier employee benefit firms in the Midwest. Founded by a group of industry professionals who had successful careers with some of the nation’s most well-known fortune 100 global insurers, our team is strongly positioned to give our clients access to industry leading services and advice.
Employee Benefits Consulting
As a full-service firm, we provide the end-to-end Benefit and HR solutions designed to help clients offer better “employee-centric” health benefits, while reducing liability, workload, and overall costs.
- Benefit Strategy & Design: Benefits are designed to fit you and your company’s unique culture, health risk, financial goals, and more.
- Worksite Benefits: Worksite (voluntary) benefits, such as accident and critical illness plans, enhance coverage and employees’ financial well-being beyond employer-paid benefits.
- Workplace Wellness: Increase productivity, reduce premiums, and attract top talent with a wellness program included in group health. Additional initiatives are available to take your workplace wellness program to a higher level.
- Compliance: ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, and more – we use a resource-driven strategy to deliver the most cost-effective compliance services tailored around the requirements of your benefit package and company’s needs.
- Benefit Technology: Our user-friendly, digital benefits enrollment, administration, and HR software puts you and your employees in charge of your benefits.
- Key Person Benefits: Protect your key people and your business with benefits designed to offset financial risk due to the loss/death of an employee whose contributions are vital to your company.
Individuals, Families, and Medicare Recipients
We help individuals and families secure insurance by simplifying the process of finding and buying the right plan based on need and budget. Buy health insurance online, qualify for savings through the Marketplace, and request quotes for Life, Disability, Long Term Care, and Supplemental Plans such as Critical Care, Accident Plans, and more. We also assist retiree employees and individuals transitioning to Medicare Insurance and next phase of health care.
We are vested in our client’s success and continued satisfaction, and we strive to be responsive and accessible to our clients. We work hard to keep our clients informed of new industry trends in a challenging regulatory environment and are continually looking for new platforms to increase benefit communications and education. Lastly, our promise is to always tailor our services around the specific needs of our clients, not the other way around.
Group Benefit Partners became part of AssuredPartners in January of 2022.
Originally from Camanche, Iowa, Barb Randall attended the University of Iowa, where she got her degree in journalism and mass communications. Barb spent her free time at Iowa as a member of the Hawkeye volleyball team for four seasons, earning several accolades.
She opened Benefit Plan Advisors in Cedar Rapids office in 2013. It was baptism by fire as two weeks after she started her business, the Affordable Care Act marketplace website issues happened, and consumers had more questions about insurance than ever.
With a background in banking, operations, and building teams, Barb’s experience and “just keep swimming” philosophy has assisted her in building her book of business one client at a time over the past few years.
In 2017, Barb joined Group Benefit Partners, who strategically joined AssuredPartners in 2022, to increase market share for group benefits in the Cedar Rapids metro area. Barb, and her husband, Dan, live on the southwest side of Cedar Rapids. Outside of work, Barb is active in Rotary, and volunteers many hours coaching kids in volleyball and baseball. She is a board member of Rider’s Club of America, and is on the University of Iowa Varsity Club Advisory committee. Barb also does color commentary for volleyball broadcasts in the Cedar Rapids area, for the University of Northern Iowa, and for the girls’ state tournament.