Our Decorah office, Group Benefit Partners, has established itself as one of the premier employee benefit firms in the Midwest. Founded by a group of industry professionals who had successful careers with some of the nation’s most well-known fortune 100 global insurers, our team is strongly positioned to give our clients access to industry leading services and advice.
Employee Benefits Consulting
As a full-service firm, we provide the end-to-end Benefit and HR solutions designed to help clients offer better “employee-centric” health benefits, while reducing liability, workload, and overall costs.
- Benefit Strategy & Design: Benefits are designed to fit you and your company’s unique culture, health risk, financial goals, and more.
- Worksite Benefits: Worksite (voluntary) benefits, such as accident and critical illness plans, enhance coverage and employees’ financial well-being beyond employer-paid benefits.
- Workplace Wellness: Increase productivity, reduce premiums, and attract top talent with a wellness program included in group health. Additional initiatives are available to take your workplace wellness program to a higher level.
- Compliance: ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, and more – we use a resource-driven strategy to deliver the most cost-effective compliance services tailored around the requirements of your benefit package and company’s needs.
- Benefit Technology: Our user-friendly, digital benefits enrollment, administration, and HR software puts you and your employees in charge of your benefits.
- Key Person Benefits: Protect your key people and your business with benefits designed to offset financial risk due to the loss/death of an employee whose contributions are vital to your company.
Individuals, Families, and Medicare Recipients
We help individuals and families secure insurance by simplifying the process of finding and buying the right plan based on need and budget. Buy health insurance online, qualify for savings through the Marketplace, and request quotes for Life, Disability, Long Term Care, and Supplemental Plans such as Critical Care, Accident Plans, and more. We also assist retiree employees and individuals transitioning to Medicare Insurance and next phase of health care.
We are vested in our client’s success and continued satisfaction, and we strive to be responsive and accessible to our clients. We work hard to keep our clients informed of new industry trends in a challenging regulatory environment and are continually looking for new platforms to increase benefit communications and education. Lastly, our promise is to always tailor our services around the specific needs of our clients, not the other way around.
Group Benefit Partners became part of AssuredPartners in January of 2022.
Brian Huinker is the lead consultant in the Decorah, IA office, within a community he has called home his entire life. Finding someone in Decorah who doesn’t have something great to say about Brian Huinker would be a tall task. Brian’s passion is for serving others. This was apparent in his decision to move home after graduating from Central College in 2000 to become the head coach of the Luther College Men’s Tennis program, where he was named Iowa Conference Coach of the Year six times.
Brian was introduced to the employee benefits industry by long-time friend and coaching rival Jim Willis in 2011. When Brian realized he could also take advantage of his entrepreneurial energy, along with his competitive spirit and passion for serving others within an industry that allowed him to remain in Northeast Iowa, he made the difficult decision to end his coaching career. In 2012, Brian became a benefits consultant and head of Business Development for Midwest Group Benefits, now Group Benefit Partners, who strategically joined AssuredPartners in 2022. Brian has worked hard to achieve significant growth within the Decorah office, in both the group benefits and individual health insurance markets.
Outside of work, Brian has spent his time volunteering on advisory boards with The Spectrum Network, St. Benedicts Finance Council, 100+ Men Who Care, and the Decorah Area Chamber of Commerce, where he served as Board President. In his free time, Brian enjoys competing on the golf course or tennis courts, and spending time with his family.