Since 1993, the American Nurses Association (ANA) has celebrated the dedication of nurses who are passionate about serving others through their annual National Nurses Week each year beginning May 6 through May 12. The nurses serving our Senior Living communities are instrumental in offering exemplary care and support to residents and their family members.
This week we will begin celebrating the nurses at our senior living communities and encourage you to plan activities and leverage your social media platforms to advocate for the profession, promoting the value of and appreciation for nurses. Explore a few ways to celebrate below:
- Ask every nurse in your organization to wear an “RN Pin” and/or nurse’s uniform during National Nurses Week.
- Work cooperatively with hospitals, schools, and libraries to set up a special display for National Nurses Week using promotional materials, such as banners, posters and T-shirts.
- Hold a special celebration or reception to recognize one or more nurses in your community.
- Have residents write thank you notes to their nurse(s).
- Spotlight your nurses on your social media page(s).
As an insurance and risk management partner to hundreds of senior living communities across the country, we are thankful for all the relationships we have with exemplary nurses and the seniors they serve. We appreciate your commitment to care and hope you enjoy a week devoted to your extraordinary career. To learn more about AssuredPartners Senior Living services and the resources available to nursing staff, contact one of our senior living experts.
Source: American Nurses Association